New Role: Customer Service and Admin Associate
Can you serve a customer while talking on the phone, sending an email, packing a box and researching potential income streams?
If so I’d love to talk to you. I’d also love to talk to you if you can do all the above but not necessarily at the same time.
Our small business – Mail Boxes Etc – is located in St. Dunstans Street, Canterbury. We are a one stop store for Business and Personal Mail Boxes, Postal and Shipping services, Data Destruction, plus Design and Printing.
I’m biased — but I’m pretty sure it’s the best place you could hope to work. It’s a hub of the community with lovely regular customers who quite often like a chat, but we also deal with businesses and auctions who need things done quickly and efficiently. Let’s get the bad news out of the way first:
- The pay, you won’t get rich at this job though we do pay the national living wage, £9.50 per hour. But then again, if you help us bring in new business to increase profits, we can pay you more.
Now let’s talk about the good stuff:
- There is quite a lot of running around, quite a bit of it up and down stairs, plus picking up and putting down parcels. So you get a good cardio workout every day – that’s right, basically a free gym membership comes with the job! Okay, so maybe not the greatest, but there are some great things…
- The work is fun, no two days are the same. You will be working with the owner helping with every part of the business.
- We aren’t big on stress. So, while we will expect you to work efficiently and get things done, we focus on open communication and getting things done right, the first go around.
- You will be packing things, sending things, printing things and advising on things. You will own and be responsible for the work that you do.
- While ideally we’d like you to work Monday to Friday 10am till 4pm, we can be flexible on the hours for the right person.
Now, let’s talk about the job requirements:
- You need to be the type person who gets joy out of getting things done every day, you will own what you do and get it finished.
- You will be on the computer quite a lot, so an understanding of email, navigating the web, social media, and other computer based stuff will be necessary.
- You will be dealing with people face to face and on the phone a lot, so you need to enjoying talking with people and giving/getting directions.
- You need to be a person who loves to deliver remarkable experiences to other people. You know, you need to be someone who feels good by making other people feel good.
- You need to nail down the details. You don’t cut corners. We need you to get things down and get them done right.
- We want you to be meticulous in your work. We are not looking for the life & soul of the party but we are looking for a good, fun person, who gets stuff done.
In short, your job is to help run the business in any way you can. And to have fun at work (who wants a job that isn’t fun?!?). Our office is relaxed, but we do expect professionalism and punctuality.
But what we don’t expect is perfection or existing skills for you to qualify for this job. We can teach you that.
We expect intelligence, energy, and a get it done attitude.
When you have questions, you will find the answers with a quick yell down the hallway and once you have been here a while you’ll be able to make the best decision yourself.
To learn more about us, check out mbecanterbury.co.uk and mbe.co.uk.
If this is a job that gets you so excited that you would even do it for free, we would totally accept that offer from you. But if you prefer compensation (and we completely understand if you do) this is what we offer:
This is a Customer Service and Admin Associate role. The pay is £9.50 an hour and the working hours will be Monday to Friday 10am till 4pm (negotiable for the right person who maybe has family commitments).
We are looking to bring our new colleague on board by 17 May 2021, but we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit both in abilities and culturally.
For the full Job Description CLICK HERE.
In addition to being a detailed person, you must follow systems and processes. In fact, just to prove that you are details oriented and can follow procedures, when you apply for this position in the subject line of the email you must include “MBE sounds like my place to be”.
When you send in your CV, don’t forget to tell me why you’re the right person for this role. If you want to make a big impression, you can even send in a quick video with your CV to tell us why you’ll rock this role.
Send your CV and video to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is midday on 23rd April 2021.